Mushroom SabziJanuary 18, 2018
Masala OmletteFebruary 21, 2018
Tomato Beetroot Soup Recipe
Beetroot Beetroot Beetroot why add beetroot in already good dishes. My husband hates beetroot and hates when I make dishes and looks to add beetroot into it like Aloo beetroot paratha, Mixed Koshimbir and Masala Dosa with beetroot in Masala. He does not care even when I tell him all the benifits of beetroot. So when my child was down with cold I made simple Tomato Beetroot Soup without cream and without Milk.
I feel there is no need to add Milk or cream in Tomato Beetroot Soup as the soup itself is thick and I wanted to give my kid a very healthy soup without any fats. My son does not like tomato soup because it is sour so I added Beetroot and carrot into it to decrease its sourness and increase its benefits. Here my simple Indian style Tomato Beetroot Soup Recipe for you guys...
Preparation Time: 10 min || Cooking Time: 15 min || Serves: 4
Tomato Beetroot Soup Ingredients:
- Tomatoes – 4, quartered
- Onion - 1, roughly chopped
- Beetroot – 1/2, roughly chopped
- Carrot – 1 small, roughly chopped
- Coriander – 1 tbsp
- Garlic - 3 cloves
- Ginger – 1/4 tsp
- Green chilli – 1
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
How to make Tomato Beetroot Soup:
- Add chopped tomatoes, beetroot, onion, carrot, garlic, ginger, chili, coriander, salt and water to pressure cooker and cook until 4 whistles on medium flame. Turn off the heat and allow the pressure to release completely.
- Once the pressure has released from the cooker, open the lid. Remove green chili and pour the tomato beetroot soup mixture into a blender to make a smooth puree.
- Strain the soup into a saucepan and bring it to a gentle boil. Let it simmer.
- Heat ghee in small pan. Add cumin seeds to it and sauté them till lightly for 10 sec.
- Add immediately to simmering soup and simmer for 5-6 mins.
- Serve Tomato & Beetroot Soup along with Cheese Garlic Bread or ghee rice.