Corn UpmaAugust 5, 2017
Dal MakhaniAugust 14, 2017
Soya Keema Matar was something I have to want to make for a long time. I bookmarked this recipe from Sanjeev Kapoor’s Book. A great recipe if you are a vegetarian. Keema is traditionally made of minced mutton or chicken. This is a vegetarian version of it without compromising a bit of taste, texture and flavors.
Soya granules are excellent vegetarian sources of protein, vitamin B and calcium. Soya keema matar is good substitute to mutton keema in terms of taste and nutrition and it goes well with chappatis and rice. So here's a simple Indian style curry of Soya keema matar.
Soaking Time: 20 min || Preparation Time: 10 min || Cooking Time: 15 min || Serves: 3 people
Soya Keema Matar Ingredients:
- Soya granules 1 cup
- Green peas 3/4 cup
- Skimmed milk 3/4 cups
- Oil 2 tablespoons
- Onions chopped 2 medium
- Garlic chopped 8 cloves
- Ginger grated 1 inch
- Green chilies chopped 2
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder 3/4 teaspoon
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped 4 tablespoons
- Garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
How to prepare Soya Keema Matar:
- Soak the soya granules in 2 cups of hot water and ½ tsp salt for 10 mins. Drain the water and squeeze the granules so that they are dry. Soak the soya granules in 2 cups of hot water and ½ tsp salt for 10 mins. Drain the water and squeeze the granules so that they are dry.
- Now add milk in soya granules and keep aside for 10 mins.
- Heat a pan, add oil and add onions. Sauté till lightly browned.
- Add garlic and cook for a minute. Add ginger, green chilies, coriander powder, cumin powder and red chilli powder and two tablespoons of water.
- Stir and cook for two minutes. Add peas sauté for 2 mins and 1/2 cup of water and mix well. Cover and cook till peas are nearly done. Add soya granules along with the milk and cook till almost dry.
- Add coriander leaves, salt, garam masala powder and lemon juice and mix well. Serve hot.