Besan ChillaJune 6, 2017
Instant Gobi AchaarJune 8, 2017
Pineapple Sheera / Kesari is one of the easiest sweets which you can make in no time. Pineapple Sheera is very popular in Indian occasions. In India, Sheera is often made during religious occasions like Satyanarayan pooja, Laxmi Pooja etc.
There are a few versions of Sheera like Kelyacha Sheera and fruit Sheera. This time for Satyanarayan Pooja, I had made pineapple Sheera and everyone loved it. Try this Pineapple Sheera or Pineapple Kesari Recipe.
Preparation Time: 5 min || Cooking Time: 20 min || Serves: 3 people
Pineapple Sheera || Pineapple Kesari Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup unroasted semolina/rava/sooji
- 3/4 cup sugar or add as required
- 1.5 cups water
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp ghee
- 10 cashews
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple, 3 to 4 pineapple slices cut in ½ inch cubes
- 8-10 strands of saffron
- 1 to 2 drops of pineapple essence (optional)
How to prepare Pineapple Sheera || Pineapple Kesari:
- Heat a tsp of ghee in a pan and fry cashews first till slightly browned then transfer to bowl and set aside.
- In same pan, heat 2 tbsp of ghee and add the semolina and roast on a low flame until light golden color.
- Meanwhile, boil water in another pan and add the chopped pineapple pieces and saffron strands to get a yellow color. You can also add pineapple essence for a dominant pineapple flavor. Let it cook in medium flame for 5mins till it becomes slightly soft.
- Pour the pineapple mixture to the pan with the roasted semolina. Stir quickly and briskly so that lumps are not formed. Cook semolia well on medium or low flame.
- When it starts leaving the sides of the pan add fried cashew nuts, cardamom powder and switch off the gas.
- Serve warm.