Coconut ChutneyDecember 20, 2017
Mushroom MasalaDecember 24, 2017
Parsi Mawa cupcake Recipe - Irani Bakery Style
I am born and brought up in Pandharpur we didn’t have good çake shops over there when I was growing up. I did my engineering in Pune one of my roommate in the hostel was a Parsi and she had taken me to pune's iconic "Kayani Bakery" which is world famous for shrewbury biscuits and is also famous for other Parsi products. Over there for the first time I had an authentic Parsi Mawa Cake which just melted in my mouth and left a taste which I will never forget in my life.
Now that I have learnt to bake I tried my hands at making Mawa Cake. It was nowhere near to the taste of Kayani Bakeries Mawa cake, but it was not bad at all. The more that I keep practicing making Mawa cake the taste is just getting better and better. Here I would like to share with you a simple delicious recipe of Parsi Mawa cake.
Preparation Time: 10 min || Cooking Time: 20 min || Serves: 10-12 cupckaes
Parsi Mawa cupcakes Ingredients:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup crumbled mawa
- 1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp sugar, powdered
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp powdered cardamom
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
How to make Parsi Mawa cupcakes, Irani Bakery Style:
- Line cupcake moulds with liners or just grease them well.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Beat butter, crumbled mawa (at room temperature) and sugar till soft and fluffy using electric beater.
- Add egg and milk and beat well.
- Sift the all purpose flour, baking powder, cardamom, and salt onto the batter and beat at medium speed.
- Pour this batter in the prepared cupcake liners.
- Bake for 20-25 mins or till a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and serve with tea.