Instant Gobi AchaarJune 8, 2017
Kurkuri BhindiJune 10, 2017
Preparation Time: 10 min || Cooking Time: 10 min || Serves: 3 people
Panchmel Dal | Panchratan Dal | Panchratni Dal Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup Channa Dal
- 1/4 cup Toovar Dal
- 1/4 cup Yellow Moong Dal
- 1/4 cup Urad Dal with skin
- 1/4 cup Masoor Dal
- 1 Large tomato
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 Green Chillies
- 1 inch Ginger Piece
- 1/2 tsp Jeera
- 2 Cloves
- 1 cardamom
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Dhana Powder
- 1/4 tsp Jeera Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander
- Salt to taste
How to prepare Panchmel Dal | Panchratan Dal | Panchratni Dal:
- In a pressure cooker, add 2 cups of water and all the five lentils/dals and pressure cook up to 3 whistles. Mash the dals lightly.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, add green chilies, cloves, cardamom and ginger and stir fry for 15-20 secs. Add the finely chopped onions and saute for 5 mins or until golden brown.
- Add red chilli pwd, turmeric pwd, garam masala, dhana jeera pwd and sauté for 1 min.
- Add the chopped tomato and saute for 5 mins.
- Add the pressure cooked dal along with salt and combine.
- Add a cup of water and cook on slow flame for 5-6 mins with lid or till you get the consistency of your choice.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve with bati, rotis or rice.