Mushroom MasalaDecember 24, 2017
Onion Tomato UttapaJanuary 5, 2018
Wish you all a very happy and prosperous new year. May all your dishes turn out to be delicious and mouth watering. May your food never get burned, may the salt and spices be just perfect in all you recipes. And most of all may you be able to eat what you want without ever gaining any weight.
Palak Kadhi Recipe
After all the junk food that I had on 31st December I decided to have some comfort food which will be light on stomach like kadhi chawal. I had palak in the fridge and thought we should start new year with something nutritious. But after eating all the junk food its very difficult to go back to eating palak so decided to make something that will be healthy as well as light on stomach so I ended up making Palak Kadhi.
Preparation Time: 10 min || Cooking Time: 15 min || Serves: 2 people
Palak Kadhi Ingredients:
- Finely chopped spinach – 1 small bunch
- Besan (gram flour) – 1 Tbsp
- Curd – 1/4 cup
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 Tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 Tsp
- Dry red chili - 1
- Chopped garlic - 5 cloves
- Jaggery- 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida - 1/4 Tsp
- Water - 2-3 Glass
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
How to make Palak kadhi:
- Combine the curd and gram flour in a deep bowl, add 2 glasses of water and whisk till the mixture is smooth. Keep aside.
- Wash and chop the Palak/Spinach finely.
- Heat the oil in a deep kadhai, and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dry chili, chopped garlic. Saute for 1 min.
- when cumin seeds crackle, add hing, turmeric powder, red chili powder and chopped spinach add sauté for 2-3 min.
- Once spinach leaves have become tender and changes its colour. Now put the besan batter into the pan and cook till it starts to boil. Stop stirring the recipe once the boiling starts and lower down the flame. Now put salt, jaggery and cook the kadhi on low flame for 7-8 minutes.
- Spinach Kadhi is ready to serve.
- Serve it with steamed rice or pulka.