Palak KadhiJanuary 1, 2018
Eggless Banana Cinnamon MuffinsJanuary 10, 2018
Onion Tomato Uttapa Recipe
Uttapa is a very famous south indian recipe but it is made in each and every house all across India. Uttapa is India pizza and even my 2 year kid calls it Pizzzzzza. You can change the toppings as per your taste and get variety of Uttapa. Now a days even ready dosa uttapa batter is available in local shops and all you have to do is add ingridients (toppings) as per your taste and uttapa is ready in couple of minutes. You can have it for breakfast, afternoon snack, or even for lunch and dinner (as my husband does) depending on how much you love this dish.
Most comon and easy to make (of course other than plain uttapa) is Onion Tomato Uttapa.
Preparation Time: 10 min || Cooking Time: 5 min per Uttapam || Serves: 6 Uttapams
Onion Tomato Uttapa Ingredients:
- Readymade dosa batter – 2 cups
- Onions – 1 large size finely chopped
- Tomatoes – 1 small size finely chopped
- Green chillies – 3 finely chopped
- Coriander (dhania) - 1 1/2 tbsp finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
How to prepare Onion Tomato Uttapa:
- Combine the dosa batter with little water and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Mix chopped onion, tomato, green chili, coriander, little salt in bowl and keep aside.
- Heat the nonstick tawa on medium flame, once tawa is hot, pour a ladleful of the batter on the tava (griddle), spread in a circular motion to make a thick uttapa. Pour few drops of oil along the sides of the uttapa.
- Sprinkle 1-2 tbsp chopped veggies - onion, tomato, coriander leaves, green chillies and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the uttapa after 2-3 min and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the onions get golden brown and crisp.
- Serve these onion tomato uttapam with chutney, samber or sauce.