Carrot HalwaJanuary 16, 2018
Tomato Beet SoupFebruary 15, 2018
Mushroom ki sabji Recipe
Mushroom ki sukhi sabji is the dish my husband is most afraid of. Afraid of a dish? Well we had gone to Saputara and stayed at Club Mahindra Hatgad Resort. We had a great four day stay over there with lots of variety of delicious food. Before coming back to Nashik on our last dinner over there we had Mushroom Masala and as soon as my hubby had a bite his stomach got upset and even started paining and didn't stop for one day. Since then he had never had mushroom ki Sabji. So when I made this dish I didnt tell him and packed in his tiffin without letting him know. So at lunch time I got a call from my husband telling me that he had not eaten the tiffin as Mushroom Sabzi gives him the heebie jeebies so he shared the tiffin with everyone in the office and they wanted me to make it again for everyone in office. So today I am sharing this simple and quick dry mushroom masala recipe with you.
Preparation Time: 10 min || Cooking Time: 10 min || Serves: 2-3 people
Mushroom ki sabji Ingredients:
- Mushroom – 200gm/ 1packet
- Onion – 1 Big
- Garlic - 3-4 cloves (finely chopped)
- Ginger paste – 1/4 tsp
- Green Chilies - 2
- Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1/4 tsp
- Kasoori Methi – a Pinch
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Leaves - for garnishing
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 1 tbsp
How to make Mushroom ki sabji:
- Chop onions, slit green chilies. Keep them aside.
- Clean the mushroom by wiping with a damp kitchen towel. I prefer not to wash it with water as the mushroom absorb lot of water and become soggy. Any extra water used for washing makes it difficult to fry.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin, mustard, allow them to splutter.
- Add the sliced onions, green chilies and chopped garlic, ginger paste. Sauté until the onions turn translucent.
- While the onion is frying, you can chop the mushrooms. Cut only before you add to the curry to avoid them from discoloring. Cut to desired sizes.
- Now add red chili powder, turmeric powder, kasoori methi and garam masala.
- Add chopped mushroom and salt. Fry on medium flame for about 4-5 minutes.
- Now cover and cook until all the moisture from the mushrooms dries up and mushroom become soft. It will take 3-4 mins.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve with phulka or chapathi.