Mawa CupcakeDecember 23, 2017
Palak KadhiJanuary 1, 2018
Mushroom Masala Recipe
Today the recipe I wanted to share with you is a delicious, quick Mushroom Masala. This is one famous Punjabi dish cooked with small button mushrooms in onion-tomato gravy with very few spices. This Mushroom masala gravy goes well with steamed rice, pulao, chapati, and naan.
Preparation Time: 10 min || Cooking Time: 20 min || Serves: 2 people
Mushroom Masala Ingredients:
- 200 grams Mushroom
- 2 medium Onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 2 tsp Red chili Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 tsp Kasuri Methi
- 4 Tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Coriander for garnishing
How to make Mushroom Masala:
- Clean the mushroom with wet cloth. cut them in to quarters.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a kadai and fry the mushrooms till half cooked. Remove the mushrooms and keep aside.
- Add remaining oil to kadhai and fry chopped onions till lightly browned. Add ginger garlic paste and continue frying till aromatic and onions are light brown.
- Reduce heat to a minimum and add chili powder, garam masala, coriander powder, cumin powder and turmeric powder and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and continue sauteing till oil separates.(You can let this mixture cool and process in a blender for a smooth sauce, if desired).
- At the end add kasuri methi, followed by fried mushrooms, and salt. Pour in warm water and let cook for a few minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot with roti, naan, or white rice.