Peanut Til LadduJanuary 14, 2018
Carrot HalwaJanuary 16, 2018
Methi Mutter Malai Recipe
20 years ago (Mid 1990's) when I was a school going kid I had gone to my aunt's place in solapur where I had Methi Mutter Malai for the first time. She had joined a cooking class where she had learned how to make it. I had then tried this dish at various restaurant across india but never found a taste anywhere like what I had the first time. I even asked my aunt for the recipe, but she said she said she couldn’t remember the recipe.
So, I tried various recipes for Methi Mutter Malai from other bloggers finally I found the á recipe for Methi Mutter Malai from rakskitchen which tasted good, but it was not exactly what I was looking for. So, I made some changes in her recipe and was successful in getting the taste that I was looking for. Here I am sharing my version of Methi malai Matar recipe.
Preparation Time: 15 min || Cooking Time: 15 min || Serves: 3 people
Methi Mutter Malai Ingredients:
- Green peas(frozen) - 1 cup
- Methi leaves fresh - 1 cup
- Cream – 1.5 tbsp
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
- Butter - 2 tblsp
- cumin – 1/4 tsp
- Onion - 1 Big
- Cashews – 7-8
- Green chilli - 2
- Ginger - 1 small piece
- Cardamom - 2
- Cloves - 1
- Kasoori methi – 1/2 tsp
- Salt - as needed
How to make Methi Mutter Malai:
- Boil green peas in water with a little salt and keep it aside.
- Wash and clean fenugreek leaves. Chop it roughly.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter in a kadai, add cardamom, cloves, onion, green chilli, ginger, finely chopped onions and saute till onion turn translucent. (please do not brown the onion) Cool down and add in mixer.
- Grind it into a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Heat kadai with remaining butter, add cumin seeds when it splutters, add turmeric powder, and ground paste.
- Fry until raw smell goes off without changing the colour.
- Add green pea and methi leaves. Fry for 2-3 mins
- Add garam masala, Kasoori methi and salt. Fry for 2 minutes. Add milk, little water and mix well. The flame should be low to medium and cook for 3-4 minutes. Do not boil in high flame.
- Lastly add the cream and mix well. Let it simmer for minute. Switch off the flame and transfer to the serving bowl.