Kala Vatana UsalApril 2, 2019
Palak chi patal bhaji Recipe
Palak chi Patal Bhaji is a traditional Maharashtrian curry cooked along with buttermilk and besan. This palak Patal bhaji goes great with rice, bhakri and even with roti. I like it so much i even drink it like a soup.
I haven't met a kid who likes spinach. But this Palak chi takatli bhaji does not taste like any traditional palaak sabji and your kids will love it. All kids should eat green vegetables and fiber rich food and this Palak chi Patal Bhaji provides all this along with amazing advantages of buttermilk. This sabji is not only provides nutrients but will also smooth your stomach and calm your digestive system. Even my kid does not like spinach but he loves curd a lot. So this Palak chi takatli Patal bhaji is perfect for him.
Spinach is loaded with nutrients and antioxidants, and is considered to be very healthy. Eating spinach benefits eye health, reduces oxidative stress, help prevent cancer and reduce blood pressure levels. Spinach is high in insoluble fiber which helps in digestion and prevents constipation. Palak also has high content of Vitam A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K1, Folic Acid, Iron and calcium it also contains several other vitamins and minerals, such as potassium, magnesium, and vitamins B6, B9 and E.
Preparation Time: 10 min || Cooking Time: 10 min || Serves: 4 people
Palak chi Takatli Patal Bhaji Ingredients:
- Finely chopped spinach - 1 bunch
- Besan (gram flour) – 2 Tbsp
- Curd – 6 tbsp
- Green chili - 2
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 Tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 Tsp
- Dry red chili - 2
- Chopped garlic - 5 cloves
- Asafoetida - 1/4 Tsp
- Water - 2-3 Glass
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
How to make Palak chi patal bhaji | Takatli palak Bhaji | maharashtrian spinach curry | spinach buttermilk curry:
- In kadhai,heat ½ tbsp oil.
- Add chopped spinach add sauté for 2-3 min. (sprinkle some water if required)
- Remove this sauted spinach in grinder bowel and cool it for 5-6 min.
- Grind spinach, curd and besan together and make smooth paste.
- In kadhai, heat 1/2 tbsp of oil. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds let them splutter.
- Then add chopped green chili and sauté for 30 sec. then add grinded spinach paste.
- Add water and stir continuously otherwise curd will curdle.
- In another pan heat oil and add red chilies, chopped garlic.
- Then add asafetida, red chili powder and immediately add this tadka (tempering) on cooked spinach mixture and mix well.
- Boil for 1 min add water if required. Switch off the gas and don’t cover otherwise colour will change.
- Serve hot with rice or chapatti.