Panchmel DalJune 9, 2017
Dodka ChutneyAugust 3, 2017
Kurkuri means crispy and Bhindi means okra. This spicy, crispy okra is simply delicious. The okra is marinated in some Indian spices, lightly coated with gram flour and deep fried (“Kurkuri” means crispy. Kurkuri bhindi can also be served as a snack, or side dish with chapatti and dal.
Preparation Time: 15 min || Marinating Time: 30 min || Cooking Time: 15 min || Serves: 2 people
Kurkuri Masala Bhendi Ingredients:
- 125 gms Okra/Bhindi/Lady Finger
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp chaat masala + 1/4 tsp used to sprinkle at the end
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 3-4 tbsp besan/gram flour
- Oil for frying
How to prepare Kurkuri Masala Bhendi:
- Rinse the okra or bhindi in water for 3-4 times. Wipe them dry with a kitchen napkin. Slice the bhindi vertically into 4 0r 6 pieces.
- Take all your sliced bhindi in a big bowl. Now sprinkle all the spice powders on the sliced bhindi. With a spoon or spatula, gently mix the spice powders with the bhindi.
- Sprinkle the besan on the bhindi. Again, gently mix the besan with the bhindi. The besan must evenly coat the bhindi.
- Marinate the bhindi in this mixture for 25-30 minutes.
- Heat up the oil in kadhai. Add a batch of marinated bhindi and fry. Fry the bhindis till golden brown and crisp on a medium flame. Take care and keep on turning the okra so that they get fried evenly.
- Keep the fried bhindis on a kitchen tissue so that the extra oil gets drained.
- Sprinkle some kala namak & chaat masala on the crispy fried bhindi.
- Enjoy the kurkuri bhindi plain or with rotis and a bowl of curd.