Pineapple SheeraJune 7, 2017
Panchmel DalJune 9, 2017
This Instant Cauliflower Pickle is a nice tangy hot crunchy pickle. The cauliflower pickle is prepared by adding lemon juice and other spices. It is made of raw cauliflower and seasoned with spices like the chilli powder, mustard, cumin etc. As the cauliflower florets are used raw, they are soaked in lemon juice to give a nice sourness and crunchiness to it. This Cauliflower Achaar goes well with chapati or rice, pulao.
Preparation Time: 5 min || Cooking Time: 5 min || Serves: 1 cup
Instant Cauliflower Pickle | gobi ka Achar Ingredients:
- 1 cups cauliflower cut into small pieces
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp lemon/lime juice
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 dried Red chili
- 1 tbsp oilPinch asafetida
How to prepare Instant Cauliflower Pickle | gobi ka Achar:
- Mix cauliflower pieces with salt and lime juice. Keep them aside for 10-15 mins.
- Heat oil; add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, red chili and asafetida. When mustard seed sputters, switch of the gas.
- When the pan is still hot, add red chilli powder and turmeric. Stir it few moments.
- Add this tempering to cauliflower pieces. Mix well.