Phodnicha BhaatMay 28, 2017
MetkutJune 1, 2017
I live in heart of Nashik city & still have farms near our house. I am very lucky that I can directly go to them and buy fresh farm produce. Today I bought fresh cauliflower & cabbage directly from the farm across my house. So I decided to make Gobi Paratha which I am sharing with you.
Gobi or cauliflower grows abundantly in India. Here gobi has been combined with a cooked onion masala and used as a stuffing for a parathas. Serve these hot golden brown parathas glistening with ghee, with some curd and achaar.
Preparation Time: 10 min || Cooking Time: 20 min || Serves: 6 Medium Size Gobi Paratha
Gobi Paratha dough Ingredients:
- Whole wheat flour 2 cups
- Oil 2-3 tsp
- Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
- Red chili powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
Gobi Paratha stuffing Ingredients:
- Cauliflower florets, grated – 400gm (nearly 3cups)
- Onion - 1 medium, finely chopped
- Potato – 1 Big, Boiled and mashed
- Green Chillies – 2, finely chopped
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
- Chili powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
- Crushed Kasuri Methi – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Ghee/Oil to fry
Method for Dough:
- Combine all the ingredients and knead into soft, smooth dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions. Keep aside.
How to prepare Gobhi Paratha Stuffing:
- Put cauliflower in boiling water for 5 minutes and drain the water completely. Pat it dry and mince it in a food processor.
- Heat oil, add cumin seeds, when they sizzle, add ginger garlic paste+ chopped onion and saute till it turns transparent.
- Add green chilies, coriander leaves, minced cauliflower, mashed potato, chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, kasuri methi and garam masala. Saute well till the moisture evaporates. It should be dry so that it will be easy for you to roll out the parathas.
How to prepare Gobhi | Cauliflower Paratha:
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a circle using whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place one portion of the gobi stuffing in the centre of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle using whole wheat flour for dusting.
- Cook on a hot tava (griddle), using a little oil or ghee, until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve hot Gobhi Paratha with pickle and curd.