Kurkuri BhindiJune 10, 2017
Dahi VadaAugust 4, 2017
Dodka or Turai Chutney is delicious accompaniment with your meal. It is not only good in taste but also rich in fibre and antioxidants. Whenever we make Turai curry, usually we throw away the peeled skin of turai. But instead of discarding them I use them to make delicious Turai chutney. After tasting this chutney you will never throw away the pealed skin of turai. If you have hard ridge gourd then you can make this chutney with that too along with skin. This recipe is made in Maharashtrian style and stays good for 2-3 days if kept in fridge. This Dodka Chutney goes well with hot steamed rice with a dash of ghee. So, from next time don’t throw away these nutritive peels, instead make this delicious Turai chutney.
Preparation Time: 5 min || Cooking Time: 15 min || Serves: nearly 1 Cup
Dodka Chutney Ingredients:
- Peeled skin of 3 ridge gourd/Dodka/turai
- Ridge gourd – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- Sesame seeds (Til) – 2 tbsp
- Desiccated coconut – 1 tbsp
- Green chillies – 6-7
- Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Hing – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 1.5 tbsp
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Salt to taste
How to prepare Dodka Chutney:
- Peel the skin of 3 ridge gourd/turai.
- Chop one medium size turai into chunks. Keep aside.
- Dry roast the sesame seeds until nicely browned and smell good and set aside to cool.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard, cumin seeds. When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies, coriander leaves, desiccated coconut, hing and stir for a minute.
- Add the peeled turai, turai chunks, salt and sauté for 8 to 10 minutes or until become soft. Allow it to cool completely.
- Grind everything together along with roasted sesame seeds to a coarse paste/mixture.
- This Dodka chutney/Turai Chutney can be used as a side dish for roti, phulka, paratha also but best with hot rice and ghee.