SukhadiDecember 15, 2017
Coconut ChutneyDecember 20, 2017
Death by Chocolate Cake Recipe:
My hubby loves chocolate very much so every time I have to bake chocolate cake. Which I have started to dislike. So, this time I had decided to use lots & lots & lots of chocolate so made "Death by Chocolate cake".
You will not die after eating this, but you will certainly feel like you had ultimate experience – Rich, Dark, Sweet, Sinful….
If this is death, you will come back for more…
This cake is of 1.5kg & it contains
- 1/2 Kg Chocolate
- approx 400gm Amul butter
So if you are on a diet don’t even look at it.
Preparation Time: 20 min || Cooking Time: 50 min || Serves: 10 Pastries
Death by Chocolate Cake Ingredients:
Chocolate cake Ingredients:
- Refined Flour (Maida) - 2 cups
- Cocoa Powder – 1 tbsp
- Baking powder - 1 1/2 tsp
- Butter – 2 cups
- Powdered Sugar – 2cups
- Eggs – 5
- Milk – 1/4 cup (if required)
- Melted Dark Chocolate – 1/3 cup (125gm)
- Vanilla extract/chocolate essence - 2 tsp
- Fresh cream – 125 gm
- Dark Chocolate – 250 gm
- Dark chocolate - 1 cup chopped
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Fresh cream – 1/2 cup
- Coffee decoction – 3 tbsp
- Sugar – 1/4 cup
How to make Chocolate Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F (Gas mark 4 or 180 deg C). Line a circular 7 inch (25 cm) cake tin (3 inches tall) with grease proof or other non-stick paper and grease the tin.
- To make sponge, sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder together into a bowl. Set aside
- Sift powdered sugar and set aside.
- Cream together butter and powdered sugar till floppy.
- Add the eggs one by one and mix till blended. (hand mixer should be at min or speed 1)
- Add vanilla or chocolate essence and mix well.
- Fold the flour into butter mixture and mix well. Add the milk and melted chocolate and mix well.
- Pour the batter into greased tin and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 45-50 min and remove from the oven. Cool the cake completely.
How to make Sugar Syrup:
- Heat 1 cup of water. Add 1/3 cup sugar and stir till it dissolves completely. Remove from heat and set aside.
How to make the truffle:
- Heat the cream in pan till it just begins to boil.
- Add chopped chocolate and mix well till the chocolate melts. Keep aside.
How to make chocolate layering:
- Melt the Chocolate, butter and sugar on double boiler. Mix well till the chocolate melts.
- Add the cream and coffee decoction and mix well. Remove from heat and allow it to cool.
Final Death by Chocolate Cake assembling:
- Cut the sponge into 4 Horizontal layers. Drizzle sugar syrup on each layer.
- Divide the chocolate layering mixture into four equal portions and spread evenly on all the four layers and spread evenly on all the four layers.
- Place the layers one on top of other and place entire cake in to refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Melt 3/4 of truffle and pour on the prepared cake and pat the cake gently so that the mixture covers the cake evenly.
- Put the remaining truffle in to piping bag and pipe out rosettes on the edges of the cake. Refrigerate the cake for 1-2 hour.
- Cut into 10 pieces and serve.