Dahi VadaAugust 4, 2017
Soya Keema MatarAugust 9, 2017
Preparation Time: 5 min || Cooking Time: 25 min || Serves: 2-3 people
Corn Upma || Makai Upma Ingredients:
- 5 medium corns (makai)
- 1/4 cup coarsely ground peanut
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 7 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 1/4 tsp hing
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt as per the taste
- Coriander for garnishing
How to prepare Corn Upma || Makai Upma:
- Grate the corns and set aside. If you using corn kernels, grind them without water in to course paste.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing turmeric powder and green chillies, mix well and cook on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the corn, mix well and cook on a slow flame for about 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the milk, water and salt, mix well and cook a slow flame for another 10 minutes or till the liquid evaporates, while stirring continuously.
- Add the coarsely ground peanut, sugar, lemon juice and mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.