Boiled Peanut SaladNovember 26, 2017
SukhadiDecember 15, 2017
Bread Pakora Recipe:
One afternoon out of the blue my husband called me in the afternoon and told he will be coming home within half an hour and that he is very hungry and wants to eat something different as he was bored with the usual Poha, upma, sabudana Khichadi and other normal daily dishes.
As I have a 2-year-old kid it was not possible to go out and buy something. I had some stale bread, potatoes and like normal Indian house I always have besan flour, so I decided to make Bread Pakora/ Pakoda. Within half an hour the potato stuffing and besan batter was ready just had to fry it when he came home.
You can also make this simple recipy for kitty party or get-togethers. you can make the stuffed bread in advance and keep in the fridge and fry it just before serving.
Preparation Time: 20 min || Cooking Time: 10 min || Serves: 3 plates/6 Pakoras
Bread Pakora Ingredients:
- Bread slices: 6
- Tomato sauce: 3 tsp
- Oil to fry
for potato stuffing
- Boiled and mashed potatoes: 1 cup
- Boiled and coarsely mashed green peas: 1/4 cup
- Red chili powder: 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala: 1/4 tsp
- Dhana jeera powder: 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
- ginger-garlic paste: 1/2 tsp
- finely chopped coriander (dhania): 1.5 tbsp
- salt to taste
For a smooth besan batter
- Besan (bengal gram flour): 1 cup
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder: 1/2 tsp
- Ajwain seeds: 1/4 tsp
- a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed (nearly 1/3 to 1/2 cup)
How to make Bread Pakora:
preparing the potato stuffing:
- Take boil and peeled potatoes in a bowl. Mash them properly.
- Add boiled peas, the coriander leaves, red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, chat masala, dhana jeera powder, salt to the mashed potatoes. mix these with the mashed potatoes properly and keep it aside.
preparing besan batter:
- In a bowl, take besan and red chili powder, turmeric powder, ajwain, asafetida and salt. add around ½ cup of water slowly and mix well.
- The batter should not be very thick nor too thin. keep the ready batter aside.
preparing bread pakoras:
- Take one slice of bread and spread 1/2 tsp of tomato sauce and 1 tbsp potato stuffing.
- Take another bread slice spread 1/2 tsp of tomato sauce and cover it.
- Cut them to a triangle shape with help of knife or pizza cutter.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, dip one piece at a time in the batter and deep-fry on a medium flame till it turns crisp and golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- your bread pakoras are ready and served them with meetha chutney or tomato ketchup.