Rajma MasalaJune 5, 2017
Pineapple SheeraJune 7, 2017
Crispy and crunchy Besan ka Cheela – . The classic Indian pancake made with chickpea flour is a popular breakfast in many Indian household. Besan ka cheela is also known as Besan Puda or Besan Dhirde.
There are many versions of many cheela. Today I am sharing plain crispy besan cheela. But you can add the vegetables or add only one vegetable e.g. methi cheela, tomato besan cheela, onion cheela and so on. You can add cheese or paneer. The best part is you can prepare this breakfast under 30 minutes and is quite filling and nutritious. It is high in protein and gluten free also. It tastes best when served hot with tomato sauce or mint and coriander chutney, curd. It is great option for breakfast, evening snack or dinner.
Some people like the besan chilla thick and soft but I love crispy chilla. Today I am sharing simple trick to make crispy and crunchy chila. Just add semolina to batter it will make cheela crispy. If you like soft chilla then skip semolina from recipe.
Preparation Time: 5 min || Cooking Time: 4 min per cheela || Serves: 18 medium size cheelas
Besan Cheela || Besan Dhirde Ingredients:
- Gramflour/Besan – 4 cups
- Semolina / Rawa – 1/2 cup
- Red Chili powder – 1.5 tsp
- Green chili paste – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Hing – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 4 Tsp
- Salt to taste
How to prepare Besan Cheela || Besan Dhirde:
- Take besan, Semolina, turmeric powder, red chili powder, green chili paste, hing and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Add little water at a time and make lump free batter. If you dump all the water at once, you will get lumps of besan. Batter should be runny, adjust the water to get right consistency of batter.
- Add oil and chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Heat the pan on medium heat. Once hot drizzle about a teaspoon of oil and let it get heat up.
- Once oil is hot, pour the ladleful of batter and spread it to make round shape pancake. Let the cheela gets cook on one side about 2 minutes or till gets golden brown.
- Drizzle some oil on top and then flip it using spatula. Cook other side for 1-2 minutes.
- Once both sides are cooked, remove it to plate and serve with yogurt, chutney ot tomato sauce.